This is one of the easiest recipes EVER – and takes under 30 minutes to make with one pan. However, this one pan needs to be a cast-iron skillet that can be transferred to the oven. I bought this one from Amazon.
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Sweet Paprika
- 1/8 tsp of Cayenne (or red chili flakes)
- 28 oz of Whole Plum Tomatoes w/ Juice & Coarsely Chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Feta Cheese
- 6 Large Eggs
- Sourdough Bread
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion until very soft, about 20 minutes. Add garlic.
- Stir in cumin, sweet paprika, cayenne and cook 1 minute.
- Add in the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the tomatoes have thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in crumbled feta.
- Gently crack eggs into skillet over tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until eggs are set, about 7-10 minutes.
- Serve with hot sauce and sourdough bread.